1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

Your toy cars/trucks...Lets see em!

Discussion in 'Gasoline Powered' started by Grip, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Grip

Grip Archer Founders

This is a thread for your non daily drivers... What have you got tucked away?

This is my 1972 Corvette LS5 (454)

Sadly, I think I drove it 4 times this past summer.
    IMG_5266.JPG IMG_5267.JPG

2. TopSecret

TopSecret I told on you! Staff Founders

I hope to one day have another 1988 300zx as my toy car. Loved that car when I had it as a daily driver.

One day... Right after I buy that Audi A6 TDI as my daily driver.

3. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

I almost bought a stingray with a smallblock in it. Fantastic looking car on the outside and then I drove it. Driving it turned me off of it so bad, I found the visibility atrocious.

I don't want to take any pictures of my 300zx... It's rough looking on the outside and I'm trying to sell it to spend more money on my precious Q45. I have a 1990 Twin Turbo.

4. stevebc

stevebc Lead Moderator Staff Founders

I drove a Stingray once, slowly. I agree about the visibility- and the nose just went on forever!

Arguably the prettiest Corvette ever, though.

Looking good, Grip.

5. Kagia

Kagia Crossbow Man Founders

Lol Too late. Pretty sure I saw it today on my way back from shooting. :p
    Ain't nothin wrong with that! I love those cars.

6. NavyCuda

Mechanically my 300zx isn't beat up, just some stuff is worn out. Needs brakes, timing belt, engine harness... Engine runs good, turbos boost good, doesn't eat oil, tranmission shifts nice. Just needs some love. Now that I have a job I might give it some love, but it's on the back burner as I really want to buy one of the new Titan XDs. Probably would be better to sell my Z as I love my precious Q45 more. I don't need a fleet of cars...

7. Kagia

I wish I had a place to store a fleet of vehicles. Hard enough having a small truck and a bike where I live. :(

Came extremely close to pulling the trigger on a 2015 Tacoma yesterday. Still trying to talk myself out of it, but will probably end up buying it before the end of the month.

8. NavyCuda

Wait longer if you can!

I'm pretty sure Nissan is going to offer the Frontier with a 2.8L Cummins Turbo Diesel.

9. Kagia

Ooooh that sounds very intriguing.

I was actually in the market for an F150 FX4 till I went to MSA yesterday and saw the price. $65000 for a 2014? Get f***ed...

I'll take a Tacoma TRD Sport for 37000 all day.

10. stevebc

stevebc Lead Moderator Staff Founders

Fwiw, we bought a 2008 Tacoma brand new- we picked the 4cylinder (Toyota was/is?) the only manufacturer offering a 4 cyl in a small truck with a 4 speed auto. We get around 30 mpg depending on my right foot, but I've slowed down a lot over the years and mileage is important to me, being on a relatively tight budget.

No issues at all: the spare tire pressure sensor kept reading low pressure when it was fine, the original radio/cd player had to be swapped out as the bass/volume/etc controls didn't work, but that's been it.

We're really happy with it.

11. Kagia

Nice.

I know a couple people who've had the newer Tacomas and have nothing but good things to say about them.

I'm going to try to hold off as long as possible, but I'm pretty sure a new Tacoma will be my next vehicle.

12. Grip

Grip Archer Founders

My mom only got an engine replacement in her new Camry. Thankfully, not an elaborate list of items like yours. :D