1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

The random picture/ photograph thread

Discussion in 'Photography' started by TopSecret, May 8, 2015.

1. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

Perhaps he's talking about the trees cock!

2. TopSecret

TopSecret I told on you! Staff Founders

I figured he was just emulating James May.

3. Kagia

Kagia Crossbow Man Founders

4. Kagia

Feral fallow deer at my work.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  5. Kagia

6. Kagia

7. TopSecret

I expect one of the next pics to be Santa chasing his escaped reindeers.

8. Kagia

If anything it will probably be the CO. Apparently they've been looking for him so they can pop him.

9. Kagia

Back again.
    [​IMG]

10. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

Opened the patio door this evening and random kitty came to say hi.
    Very disappointed when I had to discontinue scratches to pick up my pizza
    [​IMG]

11. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

A decent shot of the demo at our site.
    [​IMG]
    it's all done now
    [​IMG]
    Well, mostly done anyways.
    For those of you that know New West, we're demolishing part of the Front St Parkade.
    We started at the end of the blue fences (Begbie) and this shot is standing on the slab edge at 6th St where we're refurbishing the remainder.
    Been a hella cool job.

12. TopSecret

13. stevebc

stevebc Lead Moderator Staff Founders

I've known Front St. for years, off and on. As a kid, I remember Grandma and Grandad taking us to Army and Navy, and then down onto Front St, and all the stores there. I didn't come back for decades, but I did come back for Westley Surplus and before that when it was called West Lynn or something like that. There are some great antique/secondhand stores along there I loved going into.

The parkade I rarely used, but I do recall an older Sikh man working in the booth, a very dignified person.

I really liked that little neighbourhood along there. So, what's going in that required the parkade to come down, and how far along is it going to go?

14. stevebc

Grammar Nazi... :D

15. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

That's Balkar!!
    He's been there 25 years now. Good man. A bit tiresome with his meddling sometimes, but we're annoying too so it's a fair trade off.
    The plan is to first do some repair on the road after we demob (unless we get that job too) and then put in mews (hipster way to say condo) and then some stores etc. They wanted a nice view for the mews, and the part we took down was to far gone to make it worth repairing. The part we refurbished should last another 30 years. Except that the city is making us half ass the paint job so it's going to look like shit.

Also I'm on my touch screen and I think I accidentally reported your post...:confused:

16. stevebc

Ah, ok, cool that you know his name- tell him a nameless white guy in his late 50's was most impressed with his carriage, his demeanor, and his dignity. Sorry to hear he's meddlesome, though- that would be a pain.

Mews, lol. I was wondering whether they were going to try to turn Front. St. into a major traffic route since it connects up with Columbia St. Glad they aren't, maybe the place will still have some of it's old, slightly run down charm.

Haven't noticed anything reported yet...

17. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

Yeah it's more just that we're a huge pain in the ass and he's worked there so long it's his baby.

And yeah. That old fun down cracktown feeling that new west is famous for is somehow charming despite itself

18. Kagia

Haven't played a guitar in probably over ten years and was really never very good even back then. Decided for some reason the other day that I wanted to get back into it...

Bought this EC-1000
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. NavyCuda

I have a bass guitar that I have not touched since we moved and only because we moved. I'm not sure why I bought it, I'm terrible with it. I used to be passable with a trumpet though.

20. Kagia

Wanna start a band? :)

21. NavyCuda

Sure, you don't mind one bass rift for every song!

22. TopSecret

Well you're not black after all.

23. NavyCuda

It was in our basement!

24. stevebc

I used to play, but gave it up a couple of years ago. All my gear (bass, amp, acoustic, mike, mike stand and peripherals) was at my buddy's place where I used to play with him, and one day after not having been over to his place for a while, I decided I was done. Told him all my gear was now his to do with as he pleased.
    I don't regret it. After playing guitar for over 40 years, I'd become as good as I was going to, and there was nothing new in it for me anymore.

25. stevebc

Last night...

[​IMG]

26. TopSecret

image.jpg

Majestic floof.

27. Canadian1911

Canadian1911 Crossbow Man

28. Kagia

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  29. NavyCuda

Fuck, BC is beautiful. Most beautiful place on Earth!

30. Kagia

It's pretty nice...

I should really get that Nissan out for an inaugural road trip this weekend.

31. drogers33

drogers33 Longbow Man Founders

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  32. drogers33

My January entertainment

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  33. TopSecret

Me no see... Might wanna check that 300km long link you got there.

34. drogers33

Sorry for the broken links.

35. Davies

Davies Pikeman

That all looks familiar.. Somethings different though lol

36. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

[​IMG]
    View headed into one of our worksites this morning.

37. Kagia

Fishing this morning.
    [​IMG]

38. NavyCuda

@Kagia You take some nice pictures!

39. Kagia

Haha I have no idea what I'm doing. I just see nice stuff and take pics with my cel phone.

This little trip was out your way. Cold and windy today!

40. Kagia

41. NavyCuda

Your redacted face gets me all hot and bothered! Nice catch!

42. Kagia

Haha I wouldn't subject any of you to that ugly mug.

43. NavyCuda

IMG_1851.JPG

Davies likes this.
  44. Kagia

New 870.[​IMG]

45. TopSecret

46. stevebc

Nice 870!

Hannah now tells me the Grizzly 8" we recently bought is now "hers".

And that we should buy another for me. We'll see.

47. stevebc

I hope German Nationalism IS on the rise: it's well past time for Germans to retake their country, and world opinion be damned.

48. Canadian1911

Canadian1911 Crossbow Man

I'm not going to speak on German Nationalism, though I will speak on Polish Nationalism.

Poland has closed it's borders and is not letting in muslims migrants, but of course "closed borders" doesn't mean no immigration, legal immigration is still a thing.

A month or two ago, I watched a commentary on Polish Nationalism, it was interesting, unfortunately, it seems to be mixed in with Catholicism and has a disregard for Article 25 of the Constitution of the Third Republic of Poland which makes a separation between religion and government. That was a problem I knew of before hand though.

What saddened me was how it focused on one nineteen year old girl, and how she said "without the nationalist movement, my life would have no meaning".

I find it a grave error to finding meaning in anything external, meaning should be something found inside yourself, something you give to life/the world, not the world imposing it on you.

I found out that as my parents are both polish and my older brother was born and lived in Poland till age 8, I can apply for polish citizenship because I am a direct descendant. That'd mean, I could vote in Polish elections, get involved in the legal system, etc it would also make going through Polish customs much smoother.

I would vote for more centrist parties though, and work for a more secular Poland, as the constitutions states.

Nationalism on it's own is neither good nor bad,

whether it is good or bad depends on the nation it is taking place in, and what the fabric and culture of that specific nation is.

I.E: Canadian Nationalism = Good, Saudi Arabian Nationalism = bad.