1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

Ram 1500 vs Ford F150

Discussion in 'Gasoline Powered' started by Ken, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

If you recall a previous thread, I got in a small accident a few weeks ago. Well I got it all sorted, and I took my truck on for a facelift. Surprisingly they gave me a courtesy truck to drive for the week that mine's in the "hospital"
    This isn't a full on review, more just some thinking points.
    It's a 2015 Ford F150 XLT. It's a pretty cool opportunity to drive a direct competitor and near exact cross over of my own.
    (One year, but sue me for that)
    First impressions, the F150 seems bigger in the inside. I think it's an illusion (though it is longer) but it seems wider. The doors themselves are "thicker". What I mean by that is little console that normally holds window control/locks is a bit bigger than on mine. Don't know if I like that, to new to tell really. The center console gets in my way when I lean right, or maybe it's just that I'm used to my truck.
    The gas mileage is worse on the F150, but its fuel consumption gauge is more accurate.
    It has some cool features, like integrated bluetooth. (My truck could have that if I had a higher end model)

The F150 has less storage capabilities. In cab that is.

I'll add more as the week progresses, but as it stands, I miss my truck, and wouldn't buy the F150 based on this first couple days. My Ram just seems to be a better work truck, and fits my life better. Course that's a tad biased on my hand I'll admit

2. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

What engine does the F150 have?

I like the styling of the new F150.

3. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

Id have to look at mine, but they come as a 2.7L v6 or a 3.5L v6
    Also a 5.0 litre v8
    All 6 speed transmissions.

I like the front. It looks like a truck should, but as much as this sounds nitpicky, i dont like the stylized decals on the back
    thats a tiny complaint though for an overall good looking vehicle

4. Kagia

Kagia Crossbow Man Founders

I was going to get a new F150 FX4, but they really seem over-priced.

How does the F150 compare to the 1500 price-wise?

5. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

Starting out the ram is cheaper and i think until you get into the Laramie edition, the ram is better bang for your buck

6. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

Other than owning a truck from a company that has changed hands more times than I've taken a shit.

At least with a Ford you're buying from a company that didn't need to be bailed out.

7. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

Well you're not wrong!
    truthfully if id had a ford before i may have gotten an f150

8. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

Well i guess my insurance company didn't want to shell out for a rental truck.
    im rocking a Corolla until my truck is fixed.
    Its gutless and has all the shitty UI problems i hate about Toyota.

9. Dagmaar

Dagmaar Crossbow Man Founders

I was really close to buying my first brand new vehicle at the end of last year and it was a beautiful black 1500 with every bell and whistle possible . I drove a new Ford but liked the Dodge more . Decided to drive my 2004 for at least another year , maybe two before I buy new . Business needs more of my money then a new truck at this time , and to be honest , I want to wait until I can keep my old Dakota AND buy a new truck because my Dakota will be a great restoration project in future being the most desirable of its kind and the last year of that series ....plus I really like my truck .
    Holy ramble on much Dana ??
    Sorry folks , I'm so talkative tonight lol .
    Where were we? Oh , yeah , I like the dodge better then the Ford , that's all I was trying to put out there , yeah .

10. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

How many km on your dakota?
    Mine blew up at 275k and i know of two others that did right around the same

11. Dagmaar

Mines at 170,000 .

12. Dagmaar

Considering I put on almost no Kms , maybe 5000/yr , I should be okay this year .

13. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

So you got quite a few years left.
    they're nice little trucks though