1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of our furry, scaly, creepy, crawly friends

Discussion in 'Livestock, Pets and Pests' started by TopSecret, Feb 26, 2015.

1. TopSecret

TopSecret I told on you! Staff Founders

Here are our two dogs, a Rhodesian Ridgeback and Jack Russell.

Hard at work or hardly working?

[​IMG]

Not the greatest picture but I like how they're in the same sleeping position.

This is Rolex. He was the Rhodesian's predecessor. A Collie/ Shepherd mix we figure. He had a hard life, was abused and ignored but had the greatest retirement which involved his own couch with pillows and blankets, all the food he could eat, all the outside time he was interested in and being best friends with a Jack Russell puppy.

He was awesome, RIP Rolex machine. Onions, someone is cutting onions around here...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
  2. Dagmaar

Dagmaar Crossbow Man Founders

I love the name of this section of the forum , thumbs up !
    Okay ,
    image.jpg

Here's Cruz ( Belgian ) and Scotch ( GoldenX ). .
    Scotch passed away late last year , I'm still not even really dealing with it , very blocked and effed up about it actually . She was 13 in this pic , which was taken 3 years ago . I adopted her when she was five months old , she was my only pet that came from a wonderful loving home . She was my heart dog and I'm convinced of her purpose in my life .
    Cruz is a....unique individual . His first five years were full of neglect and abuse . I adopted him five years ago and he is a pretty awesome guy . The phrase " full retard " was , I'm convinced , invented in response to the Cruzs of this world . Bless him though , he has a wonderful heart !

Attached Files:

3. Dagmaar

image.jpg Then in November , about a month after Scotch left us , Lexus came into my shop .
    Neglected and unsuccessfully bred several times before the age of two , she was so matted that I had to shave her almost bald , hence her nickname , Piglet .
    I wasn't looking for another dog after Scotch , but she was meant to be in my home and life . She is an absolute breath of fresh air , charming , complex and endlessly entertaining , she keeps my sister , myself , and pretty much anyone she meets laughing most of the time . Here she is with my shop landlord , Bob , and I'll tell you , she is as taken with him as he is with her . As she needed some ( okay , a lot ) of vet care at first , the Pork Chop put my gun buying in the background for a few months . Thank god for credit cards , yay .
    Myself and my Sister own a house , which is good , because her dogs and cats , as well as my kitty ( I'll post pics in a bit ) make the two of us full time pet moms and certified old gals .

4. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

Rolex was such a wonderful dog.

I remember once the Jehovah's witnesses showed up and he was barking. I yelled out the window" Rolex Attack! Attack Rolex!", he got louder made more noise and he had a way with his eyes where if you didn't know him, you'd think he was unstable. Well to my surprise the witnesses stood their ground and continued knocking on my door. I opened the door told them I wasn't interested and didn't tell Rolex anything. He had a big smile on his face and kept barking at these people until they left.

Kagia likes this.
  5. Dagmaar

Good dog !
    When I lived in Calgary , one day I was vacuuming and I hear a scream , a flurry of barking and the door slam . I come running . Seems this moron salesman , seeing my inside door open , and hearing the vacuum , after calling " hello " through the screen door a few times , thought he would just walk in my house to see me .....way wrong house .
    Cruz was not letting that happen .
    The balls on this guy ! He then proceeded to try and sell me some crap !
    God , I love dogs !

6. NavyCuda

Might have been his last house call if he said the wrong things!

7. Dagmaar

Haha , well , he never came back , which I'm all for . I think of my home as my haven , I don't like anyone bugging me to buy crap while I'm at home and that includes religion , pollsters etc . I deal with them politely , firmly and quickly .....but I kinda liked Cruz's take on it too .

8. Kagia

Kagia Crossbow Man Founders

Nice pets.

Here is my boy, Macho.

He is utterly useless, a huge pain in my ass, and having him really messes up my program, but I've had him ten years now and can't see myself ever getting rid of him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  9. NavyCuda

That looks like the face of a doggy that likes to play!

10. Dagmaar

Omg Macho , he's the bomb !
    Yeah , life without them .....can't imagine it !

11. canadianpsyko

canadianpsyko Chief Grand Breakage-er Staff Cam Founders

12. Kagia

Lol he's something alright...

13. Baal

Baal Rock Slinger Founders

This little fellow is Kiwi...

[​IMG]

14. Dagmaar

LEO is so handsome . Lost my girly golden late last year as I mentioned , ...sorry , tearing up seeing him .

15. Dagmaar

Love him ! Is Kiwi an Amazon ?

16. TopSecret

I was wondering looking at your avatar... what is he and is he having a bath?

17. Dagmaar

From that angle I was thinking an Amazon , but hard to tell . Sure is cute ! To me these birds all look like sweet little old men , lol .
    I had a Magpie for a month while it healed after a tumble out of the nest . The parents accepted it back when we released it .....pretty amazing . I try to tell people that want me to go out shooting Maggie's that I just can't and they never get it , but after that experience , I could sure never shoot one . Amazing creatures .

18. Kagia

People sure seem to hate magpies. By the sounds of it, their hatred is warranted, but I've always thought they were pretty cool.

I was driving around in the back country near Kamloops a few years back and came up on a bighorn sheep standing on the side of the road. Nothing too exciting. See it all the time, but there was a magpie perched on his ass just hanging out there. Thought it was pretty cool so I pulled over and reached for the camera, but the sheep buggered off before I could take a pic.

19. Dagmaar

Sheep probably thought you were reaching for a rifle , lol .
    It's funny . In my last career , which was wardrobe , I worked lots of the big shows as they toured , stuff like Disneys Lion King , Phantom etc , that had big choruses , lots of folks hanging at the stage door talking about...whatever .
    One day I'm having a smoke with one of the dancers , she was from the USA ( can't remember which , but given her accent , which I remember like it was yesterday , it was southern ) and she says " Dana , what are those beautiful birds you folks have everywhere here ? " while pointing to a Magpie .
    I told her and we both agreed they were beautiful birds . Made me laugh as most of the guys on my crew referred to them as vermin or " flying rats " .
    Perspective , wow it makes a difference M

20. NavyCuda

When I was pretty young my mom had cockatiel's. When I was around 14-15, we had an African Grey Congo which had a fantastic voice and was incredibly intelligent. Her name was Smokey, if the phone rang, she would "answer it" often carrying out a rather long conversation with herself. She would pickup a kleenex, hold it in her beak, raise her head and make a fake sneeze while dropping her head like most people do when they sneeze. She hated my dads wife and would keep her away from him whenever she could. She would puff up and cuddle with my dad, she loved him so much! She bit his wife a few times.

That bird saw right through her. Years after she gave smokey away she left my dad and made a horrible mess of it.

21. Dagmaar

Intuitive , aren't they !

22. Baal

Baal Rock Slinger Founders

Kiwi is a Quaker parrot. About 8 years old now.

Yes he's taking a bath in the kitchen sink. He loves to splash around and play in the water.

23. Dagmaar

Ahh , a Quaker ! How social is he ?

24. NavyCuda

Kiwi is so cute!

Reminded me of something else Smokey did. We had a Jack Russell Terrior that wanted to eat Smokey. One day tooie got a hold of Smokey. Didn't damage Smokey at all, we got to her and she let Smoke go. If no one was around, she might have killed her. Anyways, after that, Smokey would whistle and call tooie from the safety of her cage. She would then do a big display, get tooie all excited, and then yell "Tooie No! NO! Tooie No!"

25. Dagmaar

BWAHAHAHA , that's classic !

26. hannah

hannah Rock Slinger Founders

I love that!
    I thought it took a long time to teach them to say something…like, you'd have to repeat it over and over for a couple of months? Or might it be it stuck immediately, being such a dramatic situation!

27. Kagia

Macho and his worst enemy, Georgia.

He hates her and I don't blame him. She's an idiot. Still young, high energy, and very obnoxious, but if there's food around, they often join forces to become the ultimate begging machine...

[​IMG]

28. NavyCuda

Puppies! He's handsome! I love her ears!

29. Dagmaar

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Did you say begging ?

30. Dagmaar

Sorry for all three of the same picture.....ooooops !

31. Shawn

Shawn Moderator Staff Founders

I read the title and started to take off my pants, but then I opened the thread an was :(. Not what they were talking about.

Shawn

32. TopSecret

Well we do have a section for your ummmm... Furry friend if you desire to show it off... I guess...

I feel dirty now...

33. Kagia

lol Brats...

I never used to understand why some people got so pissed off when their dogs begged for food.

I get it now.

I've been feeding Macho all kinds of human food for over ten years now, and I've created a monster. His begging is so aggressive now. Irritates the hell out of me.

The little puke even grabbed a piece of pizza out of my hand and ran away with it as I was raising it up to my mouth the other day! Shit was I mad... :mad:

34. Shawn

Shawn Moderator Staff Founders

LOL

That is funny

Shawn

35. NavyCuda

Smokey picked things up very quickly. She used to grab a kleenex and pretend to sneeze. If the phone range, she'd answer "Hello?" and then carry on a conversation with herself.

36. NavyCuda

Apparently I may have told that story already...