1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

New Work Truck

Discussion in 'Diesel Powered' started by Davies, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Davies

Davies Pikeman

20170426_201904 (2).jpg
    Brand new work truck and Trailers.
    2018 Peterbilt 389 and new Tycrop chip wagons 20170426_141449.jpg
    Ill take some more photos later, Sunday it will get all washed up! It has a Cummins X15 Performance motor, brand new motor only made this year! Had me grining ear to ear from Chilliwack to Lillooet and back.

2. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

That's a lot of truck!
    I bet you got a flush toilet and flat screen TV in there!!

3. Davies

Davies Pikeman

Well the sleeper isn't that big. It's just a bed for emergencies, like the highway closing for a few hours so I can lie down and snooze. Kinda nice that the boss spec's his trucks with the driver comfort in mind. My crossshift picked up the truck from Peterbilt on Tuesday and it only had 11kms on it

4. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

Does it limit your RPM in reverse though? The watertruck I drove was governed to 2100, but would frequently limit to 1750-1800 under light loads. major pain when you're watering in strips forward and reverse. Also a DPF is not good on a watertruck.

5. drogers33

drogers33 Longbow Man Founders

Very nice truck. Too bad you got it! J/k

6. Davies

Davies Pikeman

DPF is good on no truck lol havnt had any issues personally with the DPF systems on Cummins motors but the Detroit's were constantly going down for DPF filter issues on the Freightliner I used to run. That truck is governed at 113kmhand it tops out at 2100 rpm. At 113 the motor runs at 1550 rpm which is pretty damn good. I only run it up to 2000 rpm when I'm on the Jake downhill and some drivers consider that high. Can do 2100 in reverse but I usually just idle and roll, trying to back up trains ya know lol

7. NavyCuda

The water truck I drove was a tri-drive body job. Let me tell you I was absolutely terrible backing it up when the wiggle wagon was attached.

In the right application the dpf isn't a hassle but it certainly does nothing to improve the performance of the engine. In a watertruck that idles lots, it turned into twice daily manual regens.

8. NavyCuda

Handsome truck by the way!

9. Davies

Davies Pikeman

Thanks! It really feels good driving awesome equipment every day!
    The key with DPF systems is to keep the motor at its optimal temperature and keep the oil pressure up. Any time I have to sit and wait for more than a red light I idle the motor up. Havnt had to Regen a Cummins yet.
    Tridems are definitely a little trickier in the turns forward or backwards lol especially if your in full lock up!

10. NavyCuda

With the airbag suspension it had, it hugged the ground, even with 32,000L of water on its back. The gearing wasn't great though, needed an auxilary transmission or something along those lines to improve its performance as a watertruck.

Nice thing with BC, you start pulling on the mountains the soot will get burned out of the DPF very quickly.

My dad is a truck driver and as much as I love driving I don't think I could do it as a living.