1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

Maths

Discussion in 'Formal Science' started by NavyCuda, Jun 10, 2015.

1. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

I'm finding math, even simple math really enjoyable. In school I took the easy maths, and I didn't pay much attention. Now that I work with math and it's all simple stuff nothing complicated, I find myself looking forward to the next problem. It makes me look back and realize that I really missed out on an opportunity in school to enjoy math instead of dreading it.

I find it curious how as I child I did everything in my power to avoid having to use my brain. Now as an adult I almost feel empty without a problem to solve.

2. TopSecret

TopSecret I told on you! Staff Founders

Moved to science subforum.

3. stevebc

stevebc Lead Moderator Staff Founders

I can't say I'm any more into math than when I was in school (which is to say, not at all), but I find in recent years I'm buying books on subjects I didn't care about then. Tonight for example, I bought a book about the early days of the science of geology, another on Krakatoa, last year a book about London in Dickens' time and a book about the lives of Victorian era servants.

I keep surprising myself!