1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

Marzitelli Custom Knives

Discussion in 'Sharp Objects and Pointy Sticks' started by NavyCuda, Feb 2, 2016.

1. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

While his knives are still well out of my price range I have the distinct pleasure of getting to work with him on some of them.

We do some of his profile cutting for his knives. He is one of the nicest people to deal with and if you want or need a custom knife, he's the guy to talk to!

http://www.marzknives.com

2. Kagia

Kagia Crossbow Man Founders

Very nice looking knives. I'd love to get into customs but they are too damn expensive. :(

3. stevebc

stevebc Lead Moderator Staff Founders

Really beautiful work, and I appreciate the inventiveness of the dinosaur skull being worked into the design.

4. NavyCuda

He sharpened one of my knifes for me. I use it all the time so it's dull again because it's not very good blade material, but one thing is certain, he knows how to sharpen a knife. I've had the knife a little over a decade and I've never cut myself, until he sharpened it. It's been sharpened a few times at the house of knives too.

5. Kagia

Did he just do that as a favor to you, or does he sharpen knives for people? Where is he located?

I suck at sharpening knives and once brought some knives to a local knife maker for sharpening. They did a poor job and actually dicked up the edge geometry on a couple of them.

6. NavyCuda

As a favor. He had a very discouraged look on his face when he found out I was opening bags of garnet and hasn't offered since!

7. Kagia

Hahah fair enough. :(

8. drogers33

drogers33 Longbow Man Founders

My view on daily use work knives is that they are meant to be abused and used up. I don't go out of my way to destroy them but I don't flinch from using them for whatever I need to do and one day you need a new knife. I think I'm on my 4th or 5th Kershaw Leek (2 lost/stolen) in the last 15 years a good record imo.

9. stevebc

stevebc Lead Moderator Staff Founders

My view, too. I've used my Swiss army knife for years to clean and gap spark plugs. It's a tool, it's meant to be used.

10. NavyCuda

Well it was a bit brain dead of me to use my Leak to open bags of abrasive when I have a box of razor blades for that job.