1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

It's been months, but it's finally here.

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by Canadian1911, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Canadian1911

Canadian1911 Crossbow Man

My transfer was approved on Feb 1, and by February 8th , I got a notice that I missed a package at my door, and had to go pick it up the next day at the post office, it was as I expected, my Beretta 92s. My registration came in on the 12th

When I first took it to the range, I was having some trouble with it, as I didn't know if red was "safe" or "fire", later I figured out that red is "fire". I also had some trigger problems as when I pulled the trigger, it'd move back extremely fast and loose and just stop. It took a couple of my older range buddies to show me that when the trigger stops, to pull it, back to fire, as there is some creep.

Now I know how to work it, and it's fun to shoot, kind of like my dick (yes, masturbation joke ;)).

I ended up getting an extra "Pro Mag" 92fs magazine for it, as I bought it on boxing day, but they forgot to give me the discount, so when the transfer was started, they said they could either get the book keeper to cut me a $28 check or they could send me a second mag, and as I was looking into getting a 2nd mag anyways, I told them just to send me a second mag.

For a surplus pistol, I am surprised in it's quality, very little wear, and only one smalls scratch on the top outside of the barrel (where the top of the slide is cut out).

Some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and one a bit more aesthetically matching:

[​IMG]

2. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

Not a bad write up, decent pictures.

How does it group?

3. Canadian1911

Canadian1911 Crossbow Man

I can't really tell you, I am still new to shooting handguns, especially center-fire, I hit all over the place, some on target, some below the target, some on the clip holding the target, some on the board above the target, etc.

I'll get an older guy to shoot for me next time though, just to see.

4. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

Get snap caps and practice dry firing. I've had to replace springs from dry firing so much.