1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

I couldn't resist...

Discussion in 'Sharp Objects and Pointy Sticks' started by Kagia, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Kagia

Kagia Crossbow Man Founders

Okay, so for a while now, Cold Steel has been making some MASSIVE "tactical" style folding knives. There must be a market for them, because they keep coming out with new models, but for some reason, no other manufacturers seem to have jumped on the bandwagon yet. As far as I know, they have this market all to themselves. They may not exactly have many practical uses, but just the novelty and cool factor alone probably gets them a lot of sales.

Anyway, this is the Cold Steel Counter Point XL. It's been out for a couple years now, but I just discovered it the other day and had to have it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It may be hard to tell in the pics, but the overall length of this thing is 13 inches, with a blade length of 6 inches.

I think the original blade is AUS8 steel, but I got the upgraded one with CTS-BD1 steel.

It's rock solid. It Features their famous Tri-Ad lock and has thick skeletonized aluminum liners inside the zytel handle scales.

It weighs 7.9 ounces, which is pretty heavy, but not for a knife this big.

Even with such a long, heavy blade, you can still flick the blade open pretty fast, one-handed with the dual thumb studs.

The handle is lightly textured and has a pretty deep choil, so traction is decent, and the pocket clip is reversible for left or right hand tip up carry.

2. Dagmaar

Dagmaar Crossbow Man Founders

Now THAT'S a knife .

3. Kagia

4. Dagmaar

Omg that's HUGE !

5. Dagmaar

I guess it's tactical.....if you're Rambo .

6. Kagia

Haha Yeah some of us feel the need to overcompensate for other things. :(

7. Dagmaar

Lol ! Sometimes size counts , like if you have to kill say , a buffalo , with a knife .
    How much was that anyways ?

8. TopSecret

TopSecret I told on you! Staff Founders

It kind of looks like a kitchen knife...

9. Dagmaar

Or a bayonet .

10. Kagia

• Could definitely be used for food prep. It's on sale right now at Warriors and Wonders for $97.99.

11. Dagmaar

Good deal if it's well built ....and I need to kill a wildebeest .

12. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

Shit my fixed blade isn't far off that size.
    Be a good truck/camping knife

13. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

I have a soft spot for cutty things!

14. stevebc

stevebc Lead Moderator Staff Founders

I've carried a Swiss Army knife for decades, feel naked if it isn't in my right hand pants pocket. That thing though… wouldn't fit in my pocket. And I'm not a fan of "utility belts", they remind me too much of the "Batman" TV series. It does appeal though, just a tad too large for me. Kinda reminds me of NC's "tactical gladius".

15. Kagia

It won't be a summertime EDC, that's for sure. It will fit in my motorcycle jacket and probably my winter jacket though. :D