1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

Hk SFP9 (VP9)

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by NavyCuda, Dec 26, 2016.

1. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

IMG_1844.JPG My christmas gift to myself! I still haven't figured out how to explain to top secret why there was no budget to get her anything for Christmas!

I haven't shot it yet and I'll add more photos as I get used to it. My initial impressions are very positive though.

2. stevebc

stevebc Lead Moderator Staff Founders

How long is the barrel? Looks really short!

3. Kagia

Kagia Crossbow Man Founders

Very nice!

4. NavyCuda

According to the Hk website, 104mm (~4.094")

It's technically still a fullsized pistol but it doesn't feel like it. It sure is light, much lighter than the P226 or the 1911.

5. Canadian1911

Canadian1911 Crossbow Man

very nice, though personally, I dislike how many semi-autos now seem to be really rectangular and boxy. That's part of the reason why I ordered a Beretta, over an SD9VE or a used Glock.

6. NavyCuda

I think sigsauer made rectangular and boxy popular and then glock took it to the extreme. I agree with you though, however in person the SFP9 has some subtle angles that give it a distinct shape. It's also the best pistol to ever fit into my hands and that was before I even changed the side panels and back straps to perfectly fit the pistol to my hands. There is 27 different combinations that can be setup with the side panels and back straps to fit the SFP9 to the end-users hands.

7. TopSecret

TopSecret I told on you! Staff Founders

I was reading about HK and apparently:

"The company motto is "Keine Kompromisse!" (No Compromise!)"

I thought that was a little fun fact.

8. Canadian1911

Canadian1911 Crossbow Man

German Company?

9. TopSecret

TopSecret I told on you! Staff Founders

Yes it is

10. stevebc

stevebc Lead Moderator Staff Founders

I have to admit, that's impressive.

I've never handled or fired a polymer pistol. Just old fashioned steel.

11. NavyCuda

So just wanted to add a point, but the Canadian variant does have a slightly longer barrel to meet our 105mm barrel length requirement. I have not measured it.

I still have not shot it yet, but I absolutely love the ergonomics of it. The paddle magazine release is wicked.

In first person shooters, I have the reload key set to "mouse 5", which happens to be right beside the left mouse button. I always figured, why waste a movement finger pressing R when the trigger finger was idle until the reload was complete anyways?

Well, I use my trigger finger for the magazine release on the SFP9 and it feels natural!

12. NavyCuda

+510 rounds.

No issues what so ever. Very, very accurate.

The only issue I have is with gloves, I still occasionally trip the slide release on a dry magazine. The charging assists on the rear of the slide are just brilliant. This gun works excellent with winter gloves on.

13. NavyCuda

I took it apart and cleaned it today. Very clean running pistol. There was minimal build up of debris, it didn't really need to be cleaned.

Sorry about the lack of pictures however!