1. Welcome to projectilethrowers.ca! We are a brand new community focusing on lifestyles that make Canada great. Everyone is welcome! Come on in and bring your friends and family!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite type of beer?

Discussion in 'Thirst Quenchers' started by Ken, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

What's your beer? IPA, pale ale, stout, lager, wheat beer?
    What is your favourite hoppy beverage? And i don't mean the 12 pack you take camping, but rather that type you look for at the bar or pick up a single of.
    Me, I like a good IPA, or a farmhouse ale.
    The IPA can be a bit bitter for some, but I've always liked them.
    Farmhouse ales are quite a bit lighter, but they are higher alcohol, and are a bit more carbonated than your regular beers.

2. NavyCuda

NavyCuda Grand Nagus Staff Founders

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying pabst blue ribbon. Drinking Sleemans honey brown tonight though, which is also an excellent beer.

I used to be a huge Corona fan too.

3. TopSecret

TopSecret I told on you! Staff Founders

Im not picky. I'll try them all once.

I've always liked Heineken. My family would get some Czech beer that was excellent but no idea what the name is or was.

When I worked in landscaping we would go to a pub around the corner from the job site in Richmond and either have a few shots or a beer (all with the boss' approval). I tried some chocolate infused beer. It was surprisingly good.

4. TopSecret

Also, Guinness. Always liked Guinness. So creamy.

5. Dagmaar

Dagmaar Crossbow Man Founders

Free !

6. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

Corona's are nice.
    most of the chocolate stouts are. There are some shitty ones though so you gotta stick with a microbrewery like Phillips.
    i find switching up my 12 pack specials has nice results. They always taste better when i haven't had them in awhile.
    A staple of any healthy diet.

7. Davies

Davies Pikeman

Cold beer

8. stevebc

stevebc Lead Moderator Staff Founders

If you're into IPA's, I can recommend the Nelson Brewing Company's Paddywhack IPA. It's got tons of hops, but it has the body to keep them from overwhelming. 6.5% abv

If you're into Euro beer, don't overlook Becks. There's even a non-alcoholic version called Becks NA that's really quite good cold.

9. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

I think I've seen Paddywhacks.
    ill pick it up

10. Mike Rofoan

Mike Rofoan Rock Slinger

As far as conventional brands go, I do like my Guinness.

As for local brands, I'm quite partial to Whistler Brewing Company's Black Tusk Ale, and Howe Sound's Rail Ale Nut Brown & Four-Way Fruit Ale.

As for what "my" beer, or rather my favourite, is, that is a question that's hard to answer. There are way too many beers that I like/tolerate, and it's hard for me to pick one favourite.

11. Ken

Ken Crossbow Man

that is a fantastic brew.
    I think its a summer only one though.
    Their Pothole Filler Stout is nice too

12. Davies

Davies Pikeman

Asahi is a good beer. Nice and smooth

13. TopSecret

Always liked Sapporo.

14. Ken